Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
This is a diverse accounting and finance leadership position within Small Commercial Insurance that will be responsible for assisting in the monthly and quarterly accounting close process, performing planning and forecasting activities, and will also be expected to provide accurate, clear/concise reporting to management (divisional and corporate) on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis. Critical qualities to succeed include the ability to take ownership, identify and recommend remediation for issues, manage projects, develop relationships, as well as, the willingness/desire to continuously build on commercial lines insurance knowledge.
Provide management with accurate and timely financial information so informed business decisions can be made. This will occur through the completion of the following:
* Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and YTD financial statements for completeness and accuracy.
* Compile metrics and analysis on various portions of the P&L including Premium, Reinsurance, Commissions and Expenses.
* Prepare monthly commentary on financial statements for President of Small Commercial providing clear and accurate descriptions of the significant events impacting the monthly /quarterly results
* Gather/prepare documentation to support unusual activity, trends or occurrences and inform divisional personnel of the findings. Continue to follow up on issues until completion.
* Responsible for Expense management and Reporting.
* Key member of team responsible for building the annual plan and quarterly forecasting.
* Assist documenting, developing, and implementing financial processes
* Responsible for partnering with business and support groups to understand their expense needs and reporting. Includes assisting in the development of management reports and providing support to related users.
Skills and Experience:
* Four year degree in Business with a Accounting/Finance major (Preferred)
* 10 years relevant experience -with a large public company in an accounting or financial analysis role or large or Big 4 firm in an auditing role.
* CPA,CMA, or MBA candidates (Preferred)
* Advanced Insurance accounting/financial knowledge understanding
* Experience with Property and Casualty Reinsurance
* Must demonstrate an orientation to results
* Ability to work effectively and independently with other disciplines and all levels of management/staff throughout the organization
* Strong communication skills both oral and written.
* Advanced analytical skills
* Experience with relational databases including development, management, query and reporting (e.g. TM1, PeopleSoft, Essbase, Cognos, Access) technologies
* Ability to problem solve and work autonomously, to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
* Expert knowledge of Excel
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: chief financial officer, chief investment officer, finance director, general operational manager, operational manager, organizational culture, president finance, senior director, staff, supply
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...